The Makita LS1016L won Top Tool Honors in a comparison of 10″ slide compound miter saws featured in the December 2010 issue of Wood Magazine!
Check out the list of features on this saw to see why Wood thought so much of it and see if you don’t agree that the Makita LS1016L 10-in Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw with Laser is one of the most advanced and best thought out 10″ miter saws on the market.
Not only that, but because of its innovative design, with a unique gear drive system that raises the motor housing well above the normal position, it can do just about anything you’d normally need a 12″ model to do!
All with less weight and a more compact tool.
- Patented 4-Steel Rail Sliding System increases rigidity and 6 linear ball bearings deliver smooth, solid, and adjustment-free very accurate cuts.
- Increased cutting capacity for up to 6-5/8″ crown molding, nested vertically, 4-3/4″ baseboard (also vertical), and 12″ cross cuts at 90 degrees.
- Miters 0 – 52 degrees left and 0 – 60 degrees right, with positive stops at 0, 15, 22.5, 31.6, and 45 (left and right).
- Less weight (52.2 lbs.) and the most compact design in its class for easy job site portability.
- Powerful 15 AMP direct drive motor requires less maintenance, and delivers 3,200 RPM with soft start for smoother power-ups.
- Electronic Speed Control maintains constant speed under load for smoother, higher-quality cutting.
- Innovative 4-3/4″ dual sliding fence system features upper and lower fence adjustments for more precise miter and bevel cuts.
- Easily accessible dual rear-handle bevel lock with adjustments from 0 – 45 degrees (left and right), with positive stops at 22.5, 33.9 and 45 (left and right).
- Large rubberized horizontal D-handle design for better fit and added comfort.
- Replaceable stainless steel miter scale features easy-to-read markings.
- Built-in independent laser indicates line-of-cut whether blade is turning or not, with on-off switch and micro-adjustments for precise “left-of-blade” or “right-of-blade” cutting.
One thing Wood Magazine specifically mentioned in favor of this Makita is the fact it was the ONLY one they tested that comes with a blade good enough to keep on the saw. And expect professional quality cuts. So, no need to spend another $75-125 for a good finish blade.
To watch a video about this saw go to YouTube
This saw rates a solid 5 stars.
If you’re considering purchasing a Makita LS1016L we highly recommend going to CPO Makita. This is a web site devoted entirely to Makita tools, so you can rest assured they know them well.